I’ve reviewed cheap universities in Lithuania for international students with tuition fees, cost of living, admission requirements, student visa application and requirements, how to use for admission etc. Keep reading to discover more information.
A10-point grading system is what’s used at the universities there, whereby 10 is the best score and 5 could be the minimum needed seriously to pass. Most of the academic programs offered at the universities in Lithuania are judged in line with the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) and are given with regards to what’s termed ‘cycles ‘, and follow the Bologna system.
Educational cycles in Lithuania are the following;
- The very first cycle is for bachelor’s degrees.
- The next cycle is for master’s degrees.
- The 3rd cycle is for PhDs.
Universities in Lithuania also provide integrated study programs, which combine the initial and second cycles in order that students graduate with a master’s degree and will then study a PhD should they wish. They are most commonly within regulated professions such as for example law and medicine.
Cost of Living
Costs of surviving in Lithuania is among the cheapest in Europe. Students need certainly to estimate costs of €489 (~US$520) each month, or €5,868 (~US$6,240) each year including accommodation, feeding, transport fare, books, etc. Student’s dormitories is as cheap as €70 (~US$74) per month.Your mandatory Lithuanian student identity card (LSIC) won’t just offer you use of the university library, but will enable you to truly save money at restaurants, local theaters and cinemas. The international student identity card (ISIC) isn’t essential but will provide you with use of a lot more discounts.
In Lithuania universities, tuition fees vary from institution to institution and depending more on amount of studies and study programme. As student, you’ll need to budget your cost of study in the number given below.
- €1,000-5,300 (~US$1,060-5,620) for bachelor’s degrees
- €2,200-6,500 (~US$2,330-6,890) for master’s degrees
- €7,100-8,500 (~US$7,520-9,000) for PhDs
each year -for postgraduate studies. This fee structure applies for your requirements if you’re a Lithuanian or EU citizen. For international students, expect fees to become a little higher and depend in your programme. We recommend you visit your university of preference for details about that. It would interest you to see that students participating in students’exchange programmes do not need to pay for any extra tuition fees for the exchange programme.
Throwing more light on that, Students at higher education institutions in Lithuania can certainly secure a situation scholarship and can also be involved in international exchange programmes (take for example the Erasmus)
Tests receive to proof your proficiency if your study program is taught in the Lithuanian language. For students that choose English and other languages since the language of instruction, you will either desire a certificate proving your language level (higher education institutions have their very own requirements on the score needed), or pass the language proficiency test supplied by the larger education institution.
Your qualifications will soon be recognised for the amount of study when you consider studying in Lithuania. If your study programme is first cycle (bachelor’s) degrees, you’ll want a valid school leaving certificate (or equivalent). A bachelor’s degree or equivalent for second cycle (master’s) programs and a master’s degree if applying for a next cycle (PhD) program.
Being an international student, your education documents should be evaluated and identified by the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (CQAHE), which is why you may need to submit original copies of one’s diploma and academic transcript. Also, you’ll need to find the language you intend to take your course in.
You will find increasing numbers of English-taught courses taught in Lithuania and are listed on this program search tool supplied by the Study in Lithuania website, including 99 university bachelor’s degrees, 139 master’s degrees and 16 doctoral programs. Proficiency test results such as for example IELTS or TOEFL will soon be required if you intend to study in English. For studies in Lithuanian language, you may need to pass a proficiency test in the language.
If you’re from a nation not in the EU/EEA, you should apply straight to your chosen university, submitting all the mandatory documents:
- Completed application form
- Certificate of education (which has been identified by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education)
- CV and letter of motivation
- Copy of one’s passport, certified by way of a Commissioner of Oaths
- Photographs of yourself
- A receipt proving that the applying and tuition fees have already been paid
- Bank statements proving that you have the ability to cover your tuition fees and living costs while studying in Lithuania
Student Visa Requirements
EU students do not require students visa to enter Lithuania. Students from selected non-EU countries such as for example New Zealand, Australia, the US and Canada etc, do not require a visa to enter Lithuania, but should apply for starters after arrival.; holders of diplomatic passports may also travel visa liberated to Lithuania. Citizens of other countries going to the Republic of Lithuania need visas.
Note; The alien to whom a visa-free travel regime is applied will probably be eligible to enter the Republic of Lithuania and stay inside it with no visa for 3 months within each half of a year beginning the initial day of entry in to the Republic of Lithuania or some other Schengen State.
EU students do not require a property permit, but must register with the Lithuanian Migration Department and declare their host to residence at a nearby district authority (Seniūnija) within 7 days of arrival.
If you will need a Lithuanian student visa, you may need to use for the National visa (D), which is often single or multiple-entry. All non-EU students also need to use for a temporary residence permit.You can apply for these at the local Lithuanian embassy for a €60 (~US$64) fee, and will require the next documents;
- Passport valid for at the very least 3 months more than your expected period of remain in Lithuania
- Completed application form
- One recent color photo
- A file proving that you’ve sufficient funds to aid yourself throughout your stay and fund your journey home by the end of one’s studies
- A file confirming that you’ve purchased medical health insurance
- The documents necessary for a property permit are similar. You may also need proof that you’ve been admitted to a greater education institution in Lithuania, in addition to a report confirming your host to residence throughout your studies. Your Lithuanian student visa will normally be issued in 15 days.
You might need to pass preliminary examinations (if necessary for selected study programmes). For more in depth information please inquire at the larger education institution of one’s choice.
How to use
Citizen of Lithuania, EU/EEA country, or have the right of permanent residence in the Republic of Lithuania or a young child, grandchild and great-grandchild of the Diaspora and folks of Lithuanian origin are eligible to use through the Lithuanian Higher Education Institutions (LAMA BPO) for state-funded places at universities in Lithuania, that ought to be achieved between 1 June and 23 July.
Cheap Tuition Universities and Colleges in Lithuania for international students
- Academy of Business and Management
- Aleksandras Stulginskis University
- European Humanities University
- University of Bialystok
- University of Bialystok
- International Business School at Vilnius University
- ISM University of Management and Economics
- Kaunas University of Technology
- Kazimieras Simonavičius University
- Klaipėda University
- LCC International University
- Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre
- Lithuanian Sports University
- Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences
- Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
- Mykolas Romeris University
- Šiauliai University
- Telšiai Bishop Vincentas Borisevičius Priest Seminary
- The General Jonas Žemaitis Military Academy of Lithuania
- Vilnius Academy of Fine Arts
- Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
- Vilnius St. Joseph Seminary
- Vilnius University
- Vytautas Magnus University
Colleges in Lithuania
- Alytus College
- International School of Law and Business
- Kaunas College
- Kaunas College of Forestry and Environmental Engineering
- Kaunas Technical College
- Klaipėda Business Higher School
- Klaipėda State College
- Kolping College
- Lithuanian Maritime Academy
- Marijampolė College
- North Lithuania College
- Panevėžys College
- Social Sciences College
- St. Ignatius of Loyola College
- Šiauliai State College
- Utena College
- Vilnius Business College
- Vilnius College
- Vilnius College of Design
- Vilnius College of Technologies and Design
- Vilnius Co-operative College
- V. A. Graičiūnas Higher School of Management
- West Lithuania Business College
- Žemaitija College