Toyota, a global automotive giant, consistently dazzles the world with its remarkable vehicle lineup. In Nigeria, the Toyota Corolla stands out as one of the most popular choices on the roads. The 2018 model, in particular, offers a blend of advantages and disadvantages, making it a noteworthy option for car enthusiasts. In this blog post, we’ll explore the Toyota Corolla 2018’s pricing in Nigeria and shed light on common issues associated with this widely used vehicle.
Toyota Corolla 2018 Price in Nigeria:
Known for its affordability and reliable performance, the Toyota Corolla 2018 maintains its reputation as a budget-friendly option in its class. The pricing in Nigeria, as of October 6, 2023, is categorized into two classes:
1. Tokunbo (Foreign-Used):
- Starting from N12.5 million (for all trims)
- Starting from N7.8 million (for all trims)
Common Problems Associated with the Toyota Corolla 2018:
While the Toyota Corolla has earned acclaim for its cost-effectiveness and quality, it’s not without its share of issues. Below, we delve into some common problems reported by users:
- Users have reported concerns about the airbag system not deploying during collisions. A particular complaint highlighted a case where substantial front-end damage occurred, but the airbags remained inactive. Caution is advised, and drivers are urged not to solely rely on the airbags.
- Forward Collision-Avoidance:
- Another safety feature, the Forward Collision-Avoidance system, has been reported as malfunctioning by some users. Instances where the vehicle failed to accelerate as expected, posing a potential crash risk, have been documented. While adjustments to the forward recognition camera may resolve this issue, users should remain vigilant.
- Vehicle Speed Control:
- Reports indicate unexpected acceleration and unresponsive brakes in the vehicle speed control system. This issue, which could lead to critical situations, has yet to be fully addressed. Drivers are advised to exercise caution and be prepared to take preventive measures if the speed control feature fails.
The Toyota Corolla 2018, despite its widespread use and popularity, is not exempt from certain challenges. Prospective buyers and current owners should be aware of these common issues and take necessary precautions. While the vehicle remains a cost-effective choice, it’s essential to prioritize safety and be proactive in addressing potential concerns.